Start Living

Saturday, October 29, 2011

I think in order for anyone to start living the life they want, they have to first take a long hard look at themselves and make an honest evaluation of who they are, and who they are not. Sometimes it's the hardest to see your own flaws, but if you don't acknowledge it and keep on living the same way, those flaws will hold you back again and again. It look several self evaluations for me to even begin to realize some of the things I wasn't doing right or wasn't thinking about in the right direction. When I saw some of my potential flaws, I began to do something about it to improve in that area and see how my interactions with the real world changes.

The first thing I tried to changed about myself is also the most important. That is my attitude towards life. I've seen and faced a my share of difficulties in my life, and I will admit it gave me a pessimistic outlook on life. For years I've been conditioned to think that life just inherently sucks, and maybe magically one day I will just get out of this phase and be happier. But as I'm finding out, things don't work that way. Things don't get better just randomly, you literally have to change something about yourself in order for your life to change. Your negativity will just attract more negative things towards you, and then you get caught in that vicious cycle, and the idea that maybe this is just how life works. NO, it doesn't have to be this way. After a few months of soul searching and meeting unexpected mentors, I forced myself to make changes, starting with being more positive. After a month of doing so, not only am I happier as a person, I'm starting to see the improvements in life happening slowly as well. I no longer feel vulnerable to the potential of pain in the choices I make, I feel confident that no matter what I do, I will learn from the lesson and live the rest of my life with no regrets. It's easy to have a great attitude when things are going your way, but things won't always be smooth. In the end, we are happy only if we have an unbelievable attitude that allows us to hold our heads high in the darkest of times. My attitude and hard work now can determine whether I will have the ability to hop onto that last minute weekend vacation to Italy, or work in a dead-end 9-5 job until I'm 65 and dead.

I want to have the ability to heal people, how can I do that if I myself am not emotionally mature? I want to travel the world, eat all kinds of food, experience all kinds of cultures, make people laugh, be able to love someone, and have someone love me back. All those things won't occur unless I keep improving myself as a person. Having worked at advertising and sales, and talking to thousands of people in the past 2 weeks. I'm beginning to pick out those who are happy and successful and others who are broke and miserable. I've never met a successful person who doesn't have that glow of positivity. They all have faced enormous challenges and held through with incredible attitude and perseverance. Whether it was for a dream job, or financial freedom, they had the goal and vision in their head, and the mentality to follow through. When everyone else thought it would be possible but difficult, they were the ones who thought it would difficult, but possible.

0 comments: