Planning for Independence

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

So I think, after I start working for a few months. I'm going to move out closer to the campus. Because:

1. I can focus on my work, I don't have to call to tell people whether I'm going to be late for dinner or whatever, that doesn't seem like a hard thing to do, but it bothers me a lot for some reason. I'll get off when I want to! I don't have a wife yet, why do I have to live like I do?

2. I will have my own place, which means more freedom, people can come and go without parental surveillance.

3. Learn to be independent, I can start to earn my own money and transfer all my expenses from my parents to myself gradually.

4. More freedom, I can't stress this enough.

5. Apartments 5 minutes away from the campus can be found for $450-$550 a month with everything included except electricity. Which is pretty manageable according to my calculations. I will be subtracting the 300 dollars a month gas bill from living at home into my own place. so... price of freedom for around $250 - $300 a month? Hella worth it.

Inevitably there will be a huge argument with the rents. "You are so stupid, blah blah yada yada..." I'm already mentally prepared.

0 comments: