All We Know

Friday, December 18, 2009

I realized that I've come to a phase in my life where I don't really think about things anymore. It may explain why I've been writing so sparingly here in the past couple of months. It's not that I've been so busy I don't have time to write an entry, it's just... I don't have anything to say. A lot of times I only feel compelled to write an entry because I've came to a revelation about something that's been bothering me. But these days... things change so fast, I barely have enough time to catch up, let alone come to any inspiring conclusion about anything.

A friend's girlfriend got him a cute husky puppy as a gift. The immediate reaction among us guys is "Oh my God, he is so fucked, she is thinking about a kid". We start talking about the couple subjectively like a test subject, predicting how and when they will break up. How emotionally damaged each of the will be and what kind of drama we will have to deal with. The conclusion we came up with was that we should dibs the puppy when they do break up. Kind of morbid and twisted to see this cute puppy be turned into a sign for their eventual failure, but I guess realistically speaking, we're just looking out for our friend... and our obsession for husky puppies.

In all honesty, I don't really know anything about how much they like each other, or how well they work together as a couple. All I know is given how long they dated, this seems like a big commitment. Then I asked myself, can time really determine what is the right thing to do for every couple? I think every relationship develops differently, maybe a puppy is the exactly what they need right now. Or maybe it's the jail to my friend's only chance of experiencing college as a young adult. In any case, I can't speak for how people should live, so for the mean time, I will just go play with his puppy.

0 comments: