Take a step back, the world if yours

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Some things just cannot be forced. As much as we want it to work out, we just have to learn to let it go, and trust that you are meant for something greater.

Some hardships are worth enduring, but I've learned to pick my battles. The universe has a better plan for me, and all things considered, we are far too young at this age to settle down for anything other than the pursuit of our dreams. Like Jobs said, "don't let the voice of others drown out your own. You somehow already know what you want to become."

Lately I've learned to take control of my situation. Instead of feeling like I don't belong anywhere as a Chinese American who came here at the age of 10, I see that the great benefit about not being completely American or completely Chinese is that I can be volatile in both.

0 comments: