Waking up in Vegas

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Waking up after a night of whiskey is not a fun experience. Images of the previous night flashed across my mind, the drunk dialing, the jokes, the subjects that we toasted to, the bets that were made, and the drunken attempts to do cartwheels all popped up in my head like dandelions in spring. My head hurts, not from the after effects of alcohol but from all the stress and unanswered questions in my head. My insecurities are like a giant serpent, binding me, making me unable to move... unable to breath. The only comfort I could seek is from giving up my consciousness and fall under the spell of slumber.

Nobody in this world gets everything they want, because we're not capable of being completely happy. We can get very darn close for a very short amount of time, but until the day we die, we will be chasing our desires like a dog chasing it's own tail.

If I said I'm not happy that would make me the biggest spoiled brat ever. But as with anyone, anywhere in the world. There are problems in front of me that I need to face, and my own desires to fulfill. Perhaps we are programmed this way, we're programmed to never be completely satisfied.

Here's a video for you all to enjoy. If you don't understand it, then we'll have a chit chat.

1 comments:

  • Unknown says:
    July 12, 2009 at 10:54 PM

    i think i totally fell in love a little bit with the main character in the video. ^^