Drunk-Punch Love

Sunday, April 11, 2010

We live in a very fast-paced world, information and events move faster and faster while our brain can only process all this junk at a capped speed. We then compensate by generalizing, and skipping over the detail, simply because it's faster. I learned to see the world in patterns, people's behaviors lead to the conclusion of their character, background, status. Then I automatically start weighing the benefits vs. cost of me being associated with that person before I make any moves. Calculating the intricate balance of good vs. bad almost instinctively. People learn to do this by experience, and it's terrible.

That is the safe way to live, a life without risks or joy, over time it will become mundane and depressing. There are obviously advantages to this strategy, especially in determining the longevity of your business, we do live in a capitalistic society after-all. Money makes this world go around. However, nature is not capitalistic, and I define myself as a product of nature before money. Although money has replaced food as the primary means of survival. It is only an artificial system created by man, and its full of flaws. I see my relationships with people and love as processes of nature, humans are social beings with or without material motives constantly influencing me. So I will learn to see people beyond their skin reading, and meet people who will challenge me in my core understanding of the world.

Because today, I learned that those who seem the farthest away from love, will travel the longest distance to defend it.

0 comments: