People pt.2

Saturday, October 17, 2009

I want you to take a moment to think about all the important things in life, things that matter to you, things that you once thought would be the goal of your life, and the visions you have set for yourself now. Maybe it's getting that special action figure, going to college, or being that professional in the world. I want you to think about yourself when you have reached those goals, what do you feel? Happiness would be the first thought that comes to mind but... it seems to me that I always enjoyed the process more than the result itself. Reaching that goal is more of a marker that defines a certain point alongside the path of life you've taken, but I always found myself remembering how I got there more than how happy I was when I reached there. And I remember faces of people, the teachers that taught me, the people I've argued with, the people I've helped, they all have had more of an impact on my progress than I ever could have by myself. I guess what I'm trying to say is... I enjoy being with people. No matter how much I claim to hate them at times.

Someone once said that you are born alone and you die alone and there's nothing we can do about it. Well... I guess that person is born out of thin air now didn't he?

0 comments: